Acne affects patients of all ages, and even after skin clears, visible scars, bumps, marks, and blemishes are often left behind. Reducing the appearance of acne scars is possible with the right course of facial treatments and procedures. Our team of experienced skin care specialists at New Age Spa is here to help with acne scarring and other common skin concerns.
What are Acne scars?
Acne scars are a result of acne, a common skin condition that affects 20% of Canadians. Acne affects people of all ages and causes inflammation and blemishes on the skin, such as whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples. Depending on the severity of acne symptoms, nodules, pustules, and cystic lesions often lead to scarring. The skin’s healing response is to repair the skin by forming new collagen fibres. These extra fibres can cause permanent raised marks or indentations in the skin tissue.
Scar tissue in the form of raised skin or indentations can result in:
- Uneven skin texture
- Inflammation and redness
- Itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions
- Pain to surrounding nerve endings
- Lowered self-esteem
- Effects on mental health
Scars caused by acne or other trauma to the dermis can affect more than just the skin’s appearance. Scarring often affects patients’ self-esteem. Unsuccessful creams and treatments can also put a strain on your finances.
Depending on your skin type and condition, our specialists may recommend microneedling or facial peel treatments or dermabrasion facials to help reduce the appearance of blemishes and acne scars on the skin. Dermabrasion and skin peels are a helpful form of treatment for milder acne scarring. For patients with more severe scars or deep lines and wrinkles, microneedling or laser resurfacing treatments are a safe and effective alternative. Facial Treatments for Skin Texture and Scarring:
- Facial Peels
- Laser resurfacing treatments
The best Acne scars treatments in Montreal and Laval
Types of Acne Scars
Acne scarring will likely appear as one of these scar types. Most patients exhibit more than one type of scar tissue.
- Ice Pick Scars – Indentation in the skin with a wide opening that narrows. This is the most common scar tissue caused by acne. Sometimes found on upper cheeks and forehead.
- Rolling Scars – Sloping scars that cause the skin to appear wavy or uneven. Commonly found on areas where the skin is thicker such as the cheeks and jaw.
- Boxcar Scars – Shape-edged indents that form deep in the skin.
- Hypertrophic Scars – Also known as Keloid scars, lesions of raised scar tissue caused by overgrown fibres and excess collagen as skin repairs and heals. Commonly found on the back, shoulders, and jawline. Can be itchy and uncomfortable.
Acne scar solutions
There are plenty of effective solutions for reducing the appearance of acne scarring! Leave it to us at New Age Spa and read below for our popular facial treatment and skin resurfacing services. At New Age Spa in Montreal and Laval, our expert team of skin specialists and MDs will provide a free consultation and skin analysis to assess skin type and specific needs. Together, we design a custom care treatment to address your skin concerns.
Professional Skin Consultation
At New Age Spa, we conduct a thorough skin analysis to find the best possible solution for YOUR skin, giving you back the confidence and beauty you deserve. Our team of expert estheticians and MDs are happy to help. Contact New Age medical spa in Montreal and Laval for a free consultation and skin analysis, or to learn more about our range of facials and body care treatments.