Hydra Dermabrasion instructions
What should I do before micro or hydro dermabrasion?
To improve the outcome of your dermabrasion results, you should come with freshly cleaned hair. You should also prep your home environment by changing your pillowcases, bedsheets and face towels. If you are taking Retin-A products, be sure to stop using them at least five days before your session and tell your esthetician about any other prescription drugs you might be taking. You should also not tan before a hydradermabrasion session.
This treatment is useful and accessible to nearly everyone; all ages, genders, skin types, and complexions. It is especially recommended for people who have sensitive skin or darker skin tones who have been considering getting microdermabrasion or other more intensive exfoliation treatments. If you have an active rash or a sunburn, you should wait for them to heal before booking your session. People who are pregnant should ask their estheticians for the ingredients of the serum they will be using since some cosmetic ingredients (like salicylic acid, for example) are not safe or have not yet been tested for safety on pregnant people.
- Change your bed sheets and pillowcases
- Use freshly cleaned face towels to dry skin
- Do not wear makeup for 6 hours post-treatment
- Wash your face before bedtime
- Wash your face in the morning
- Wash your hands before washing your face
- Avoid touching your face
- Apply SPF 30 or 50 for the following week when going out
- Drink plenty of water
- Do not get any facials for at least two weeks
- Avoid sunbathing or tanning for seven days
- Avoid excess heat, such as saunas and hot showers, for 48 hours
- Do not apply perfumed products or fragrances
- Do not use non-recommended cosmetics products on your skin
- Do not get waxing or laser hair removal on the area for two weeks
Post-treatment routine – We recommend doing the following twice per day
- Cleanse your skin with the recommended cleanser
- Apply a hydrating serum and let your skin absorb it completely (2 or 3 minutes)
- Apply a recommended moisturizer
- Apply recommended only SPF sunscreen if you go outside