Chemical peel instructions
What To Do before After A Chemical Peel?
Before chemical peel treatment, make sure you have not taken any acne prescription medication like Accutane. Always wear sunscreen after your chemical peel treatment because your skin will be more sensitive. Also, choose an SPF 30 or higher broad-spectrum and physical sunscreen, not chemical sunscreen. You should limit your time in the sun, in general, during peak sunshine hours, and if you need to be outdoors for long stretches in the immediate aftermath of your chemical peel, wear a wide-brimmed hat to shade your face.
Your skin may peel in the first few days after your chemical peel, but that should be no surprise as it is in the name! Stay hydrated, and this will minimize this. Using a hyaluronic acid serum will help with this, aloe vera and calming gels.
Wait at least one week before returning for another chemical peel or, according to your esthetician’s recommendation.
- Change your bedsheets and sleep on a clean pillowcase
- Clean and change your face towels to dry your skin
- Do not wash your face for the next 4 hours after your treatment.
- Cleanse your skin two times per day
- Do not touch your face
- Do not wear makeup for the next 24 hours
- Avoid intense exercise and sweating for 48 hours.
- Avoid tanning and prolonged exposure to the sun for a minimum of 2 weeks
- Apply SPF 50 every 2 hours when exposed to Uv rays.
- Cleanse your face before bedtime
- Redness or sensitivity may be present for up to 72 hours.
- Mild skin peeling may begin on days 3-5
- Do not scratch the treated skin
- Stay well hydrated, drink a lot of water
- Do not use Retinol or exfoliating products for min. Ten days
- It is recommended to repeat the treatment every week or depending on the esthetician’s recommendation.
- For best results, you may need 3-8 treatments.
- Avoid waxing, laser or other treatments on the treated area for two weeks.
Routine day 1 to 10 We recommend doing the following twice per day
1. Cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser and water and pat dry
2. Apply a hydrating serum and let your skin absorb it completely (2 or 3 minutes)
3. Apply a gentle moisturizer (LA FOLIE anti-redness daily cream recommended)
4. Apply SPF 30 minimum sunscreen if in contact with UV rays.
Typical day 10 + we recommend doing the following twice per day.
- Cleanse your skin with a cleanser and pat dry
- Apply hydrating serum and let dry 2-3 minutes
- Apply recommended moisturizer
- Apply sunscreen (SPF 30 or more) every 2 hours if you contact UV rays.
- After ten days* you can start exfoliating at-home three times per week to maintain results.